Business Name: Rhoda Baxter/Therapies by Rhoda: Reiki, Reflexology, ReproflexologyTM, RLD, Crystal Therapy (Reflexology points), and Swedish Massage - sole trader working at: Revitalize Massage Therapies: 22 Grange Loan, Edinburgh EH9 2NR, Calmblue Holistic Clinic: 1 Canaan Lane, Morningside, Edinburgh EH10 4SZ, Blossom Beauty: 5 Beaufort Road, Edinburgh EH9 1AG, and in other locations/premises.
Rhoda Baxter Tel: 07980 208 222
Revitalize Therapies Ltd is owned by Andrea Baxter. Self- employed therapists, including myself, work from the Revitalize clinic. Calmblue Holistic Clinic is owned by Lorraine White, and Blossom Beauty is owned by Amy Ramage. I am self-employed working in these clinics and other location(s).
Reasons for processing Client Data
I need to gather information in order to provide professional, safe and suitable treatments for you, to provide you with tailor-made treatment plans. I may need to gather potentially sensitive information regarding your health but will only use this information to provide treatments and give possible associated recommendations concerning your health and wellbeing.
The lawful requirement behind us needing this information:
As a full member of The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) and the Association of Reproductive Reflexologists (ARR), I abide by the FHT’s and ARR’s Codes of Practice and Ethics and also for insurance purposes.
We are required by law to gather, retain and process your personal data in order to provide you with the best possible treatment programme and support. You have the right to not share your personal data with us. If you do not, however, then I am unable to treat you. Personal data is processed for legal contractual reasons. Therefore, it is required that you fulfil your side of the contract (share your personal information) so I and other therapists can fulfil ours (carry out suitable treatment and give advice).
The information we hold and what we do with it:
In order for us to be able to treat you we need:
- Your contact details of name, address, postcode, email address and phone number.
- Your health/ medical history and other health-related information concerning your health, lifestyle and date of birth.
- Details of treatment programmes and related notes including temperature charting and test results for Reproductive Reflexology clients.
The information we hold and what we do with it.
- I will not share your information with anyone else other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process, without explaining why it is necessary and obtaining your consent.
There may be occasion, to suit your treatment programme, for us to share information with health or complementary health practitioners, but we will obtain your permission before doing so. The information to be shared would be your name, contact details and all health information relevant for your treatment and care.
It may also be necessary to obtain medical permission before I treat you. I would not contact your doctor without your permission. Please be aware that I may not be able to treat you without your doctor’s or medical team members’ permission.
How long we retain your information for:
For adults, we must keep your information for seven years from the date of your last treatment and, if aged 16 or under, until the age of 25.
There will be no transference of your data outside the EU without your consent.
Rhoda Baxter will not share your information with any third parties.
Protecting your Personal Data:
We have secure measures in place to ensure the protection and security of your personal data. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have implemented managerial, technical and physical procedures to keep your information safeguarded and secure.
Appointy Booking System:
Revitalize uses the Appointy Booking System where your names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers are on the online booking system – but not together with your date of birth or health history information. You have the right to be taken off the Appointy booking system if you email andrea@revitalizeEdinburgh.co.uk
Calmblue Holistic Clinic uses Acuity scheduling as its booking system. Names, emails addresses and telephone numbers are taken. Information concerning your data can be seen at calmblue.org.uk.
As a self-employed therapist, I use Timely Appointment Booking Software where your names, email addresses and phone numbers are on the online booking system but not connected to your date of birth or health history information. If you wish to be taken off the Timely Booking System, then email Rhoda through
How we will contact you:
We will contact you using your preferred choices for:
- Appointment times
- Consultation/Treatment information
- Health – related information.
- Newsletters/special offers/ event information, when subscribed to. (You have the right to unsubscribe at any time).
For all contact, including discussions about appointments, your health/treatment requirements, please state how we can contact you:
Email Text Phone (please tick or mark Y/N as applies)
Marketing and how we contact you:
Please state your preferred choices for the following:
If you would like me to keep you informed of events and business information, please give us your consent below:
I/We would like to receive information from Rhoda Baxter at Revitalize via:
Email Text Phone (please tick as appropriate or mark Y/N as applies)
If you feel we are not handling your data correctly, you have the right to complain:
If you have any questions relating to this policy or the data we hold for you, please contact me in writing at .
You have the right to complain if you believe we are not handling your data correctly; please use the contact details above. If you are unhappy with our response to your complaint you should then contact the ICO (independent commissioner’s office) using the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
I consent to you holding and using my information as outlined above. I understand that I may withdraw my consent at any time by emailing email@example.com. I agree to you sharing my personal information with other practitioners with your agreement at the time) for the purposes given above. I also agree to you requesting doctor’s or medical team member’s permission to treat me where this is necessary and after discussing this with me.
Name: Date: Signature
Children under 16, a parental/guardian signature is required.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH GDPR:
- Right of subject access: To see your therapist’s records of your personal data and request copies if required. (Given in an envelope marked ‘Private and Confidential’)
- Right to rectification: To instruct your therapist to alter your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
- Right to erasure: You can ask your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You can request limits on how your therapist uses your personal data
- Right to data portability: there are some circumstances when you can request a copy of personal data held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems
- The right to object: You can tell your therapist that you do not want them to use certain parts of your information or only to use it for certain purposes
- Related rights to automated decision-making and profiling (decisions made without human intervention can be redressed. This does not apply to my work).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you have any queries regarding your rights, then please contact us in writing . After this, if you still feel we are not handling your data appropriately, you have the right to complain. Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk
- If you do not agree to your therapist(s) keeping records of your personal information and your treatment programme, or if you do not allow them to use the information in a way that is necessary for them to carry out their work for you, then they may not be able to treat you.
- Your therapists can move their records between their computers and IT systems provided that your details are safeguarded from being seen by others without your permission
- Your therapist(s) has to keep your records of treatment for the time stated above. Therefore, if you ask them to erase any details, they may not be able to do so until the required time has passed.
The aim of this website is to offer information on the therapies available and to provide general information on topics related to the therapies. The information contained in this website and related Facebook page, blog, podcasts, and any videos, is for general information purposes only.
No material should be considered as advice or diagnosis. The content is not a substitute for personal, professional medical care or diagnosis. You must consult your doctor or primary medical care provider regarding any health condition or issue.
We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, blog posts, podcasts, videos, or related graphics contained in the website material, including Facebook, blog posts and videos. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk and your own responsibility.
We will not be liable, in any event, for loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website or linked sites.
The inclusion of any linked sites does not imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. We do not accept any liability in relation to the information or policies of linked sites or third party information.
This website may have links to linked websites, with some information from third parties. This information including the content information of linked sites, the price of goods and services supplied, is the responsibility of those third parties. You, in turn, undertake to separately adhere to and review the terms and conditions/ data privacy policies of each linked site.
We do not endorse or otherwise recommend any of these third party websites, references, or the products, services, or information offered by them. We may disable any hyperlink to the site. We have the right but are not obligated to monitor third party websites and hyperlinks to the site.
The information on this website is intended for adult use. Children under 18 years may access this website but consent of a parent or guardian is recommended.
The security of this website and your information matters greatly to us. We have in place reasonable security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of your information under our control. We do not make assurances to prevent any such loss, misuse or alteration, and we have no liability to you or a third party for any loss, misuse or alteration. I do not warrant that your access to the website is secure.